The One Name Study
The one name study aims:
- to identify as many Goathams, Gothams and those with variant spellings who have lived as possible;
- to assemble data relating to these people – BMD / CMB events, census data, wills, educational and occupational records etc.;
- to assemble trees to see how these people are related;
- to have as few unlinked strays as possible!
I hope to find out if / how the various groupings relate to each other, but to describe it as an aim may be an overstatement, since I suspect the information may not survive to permit this. DNA tests may offer a possibility, but even then there are limitations (see my page regarding a DNA study
for more detailed considerations).
- firstly, to enable me to share the fruits of my research;
- secondly, to encourage and help others to contribute to this study;
- thirdly, to help those with Go(a)tham ancestors find others interested in the same branch (with whom, of course, they will share non-Go(a)tham ancestors and may wish to share information).
Last updated: 5 February, 2015